Copywrite

All the stuff you read here on my blog is my stuff, not yours, and therefore copywrited by me, Christine Waldman. If you even think about plagerizing, copying, or whispering in someone's ear, you'll be sorry because my brother is a black belt in karate.

Friday, October 26, 2012

The Horoscope Project


Day 6: Three Little Wishes





If you were granted three wishes, what would they be? That sounds more like a fantasy than a horoscope, doesn’t it? There’s no advice or foretelling of how your day will be. Or perhaps the advice is to wile away your day, dreaming up wishes. But lack of guidance aside, today’s horoscope was an odd coincidence considering that I just finished the first draft of my book, I DREAM OF EUGENE, a story about a woman who finds a Genie. In my novel, however, more than three wishes are granted. I figure if Stephanie Meyer can make vampires sparkle, I can have Genies giving more than three wishes.



Let’s face it, at some point we have all wondered what we would pick as wishes if we were lucky enough to stumble across a magic lamp. I thought long and hard about this and, of course, the obvious choices of money, fame, and thinner thighs instantly came to mind.



But, if I were to be serious about my fake wishes, my first one would be for success in my life. This would manifest in many ways, and honestly is a way of getting several wishes for the price of one. If I were successful in my writing career, I would not only finally get a book published, but everything I wrote would be #1 on the best seller list. Having several best sellers would cover fame and money, but I think that thinner thighs are always going to be a pipe dream.



Any success I wish for would also affect my family life. My husband’s massage therapy business would return to its former numbers from before the recession. This would mean he wouldn’t have to be a massage slave at Massage Envy anymore. I will miss the slave boy outfit, though. He really has the legs for it.



With a wish for success, my children would continue on their path to becoming responsible, well-rounded people and my son would, much to the relief of his sisters, not grow up to be a Power Ranger. Besides being a little creepy, this would solve the problem of him finding the Red Rangers suit in an adult size. I can’t even find one to fit him for this Halloween.



Of course, none of this imaginary success would matter if my family or I were ill, so I would have to wish for a healthy life for myself and all of those I love. Let’s face it; I can’t be going on a book tour if I am plagued with a ailment that causes chronic flatulence, can I? I sure wouldn’t be invited back a second time, that’s for sure.



So that leaves me with a third wish. I already have success (fame, money, zillions of best sellers), and life long health, what else should I ask for? After a long deliberation, it’s a toss up between getting rid of the Power Rangers theme song that constantly plays in my head, and going a full day without hearing the words ‘One Direction’ coming from my daughter’s mouth. That is a tough decision.



Go Go Power Rangers….

No comments:

Post a Comment